Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Best wrestler AND best face? Thank you very much.

Yeah, Cena's only liked by little kids and women isn't he?

I agree with most of the awards, except I would have put the Great American Bash above Cyber Sunday in worst PPV and VKM in the 'Get off my TV' award.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 07-01-2007 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    The Bash had an amazing first hour, featuring the best tag match of the year (London/Kendrick vs. Kash/Noble), Finlay vs. Regal and Hardy vs. Helms. In comparison, Cyber Sunday had precisely no good matches. Definitely agree on VKM though.

vCash
    Bar the DX and CM Punk wins, I agree with all of the results.

Great work, Chris

Eric Young's house, Good luck finding me!!
    vCash
    i disagree with Cena being best wrestler of the year because that's bullsh*t

he may have improved but he's not a touch on Samoa Joe, Am Drag or loads of other wrestlers
    RIP Eddie.. you were to good for Earth so heaven wanted you back.. 2 years on, we all still miss you

RIP Chris Benoit, f*** what people say, you were my idol, rest in peace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Styles View Post

he may have improved but he's not a touch on Samoa Joe, Am Drag or loads of other wrestlers
    Being able to do the most moves has never been the criteria for best wrestler, otherwise Dean Malenko (or Jericho when he added four more moves) would win it every year. I don't think Cena was the best wrestler of last year, but he is a bigger draw than Danielson or Joe. To be fair to both of them, they are in smaller promotions with a much smaller international tv audience. I would say Cena gets the biggest reactions of any wrestler, positive and negative, and deserves some credit for that. There is not another wrestler alive today who could have a whole arena peform a duelling chant about himself. At WM22 he had a "Come on Cena" - "F*ck you Cena" chant in full swing. It added so much and elevated a good match to a great one.

As for the awards, maybe eligibility could be from Dec 1st to November 30th like the PS50, which means the December PPVs get a chance to be included.
    No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes
    And no one knows
    What it's like to be hated
    To be fated to telling only lies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Styles View Post

If Am Drag could draw, I'd agree.

But he can't, so he isn't.

vCash
    has he ever had the chance to draw on a stage bigger than ROH?
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    So one of the characteristics of being consider the best wrestler is if it's wrestler A is able to draw?
    "Mucha gente dice que el fútbol no tiene nada que ver con la vida, no se cuánto saben de la vida, pero de fútbol no saben nada..."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    So one of the characteristics of being consider the best wrestler is if it's wrestler A is able to draw?
    Well, yes. Basically. I dont know what else to say to that, but why wouldnt that be a factor in how good wrestler X is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Go ask that question to Ole Anderson. I want his response recorded for my own amusement and for every future generation of wrestlers to listen to so they know exactly what the wrestling business is about.

EDIT: The answer is "yes".
    Last edited by DraVen; 11-01-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Thread Information