Talk Wrestling Online: Forum
Results 1 to 6 of 6
02-07-2006, 09:06 AM #1
1PW Fight Club 2 Results...Dear Jesus
Results gathered from all over the place but mianly from www.wrestlemag.com:
-Team 1PW (El Ligero, Dragon Aisu & Darkside) beat Team PWG (Scorpio Sky, Topgun Talware & Phoenix Star. Good match to open the show.
- Takao Omori beat Andy Boy Simmonz. Fairly quick match - nothing to write home about.
- Iceman beat Martin Stone via TKO. Good match with plenty of brawling. From all accounts Stone was legit knocked out by an elbow from Iceman and had to be helped to the back.
- Teddy Hart beat Pac. Fast paced, high flying spotfest which went down well.
- Attendance said to be around the 500 mark.
- Darren Burridge & Jimmy Snuka beat Jay Phoenix & Stevie Lynn. Snuka (who worked this afternoon’s AWA show in Hampshire) was previously off the card after 1PW promoter Steven Gauntley released a statement several weeks ago stating that he was not confident Snuka would be able to get past customs and into the UK. Burridge of course was originally set to take on ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson, who missed his flight into the UK (meaning yet another 1PW show that goes ahead with changes to the advertised card), prompting the change on Snuka’s involvement.
- Sterling James Keenan beat Spud in a Street Fight. Spud was apparently battered, bloody and bruised.
- Jonny Storm & Jody Fleisch beat Team Supreme to retain the 1PW Tag Team Titles. I belive this match was close to 40 minutes in length.
- Steve Corino vs Doug Williams in a ‘2 out of 3 falls’ match went to a time limit (one hour) draw at one fall each. Corino retains the 1PW Title.
Despite time issues yet again being a problem tonight, the Main Event was made a one-hour time limit which appeared to put some people off who were travelling home. Some left early after lengthy promo’s and a raffle taking place prior to the Main Event led to the Corino-Williams match starting close to 11pm with the show ending just before midnight. Many had been in the MetroDome since the afternoon to watch the England vs Portugal World Cup game prior to the show.
During the interval Jay Pheonix had what seems to be a legit fight with what was first thought to have been a fan....later it was found that the fan was actually Ruffneck of Pain Inc. I repeat, this is 90% NOT an angle! Pheonix was scared to go back into the locker room even after Rufneck had been ejected from the Metrodome.¿¡Por qué no te callas!?
02-07-2006, 09:08 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
- in the past
Next time I'm at 1PW I'm going to give everyone a complimentary watch, awful awful time keeping skills!Your Friend and Hero
02-07-2006, 11:43 AM #3
During the interval Jay Pheonix had what seems to be a legit fight with what was first thought to have been a fan....later it was found that the fan was actually Ruffneck of Pain Inc. I repeat, this is 90% NOT an angle! Pheonix was scared to go back into the locker room even after Rufneck had been ejected from the Metrodome.
- Join Date
- Feb 2002
Yep ligit fight took place, because Jay had been bad mouthing Pain Inc on the internet. Ruffneck was not ejected from the building and Jay did go back stage. I do beleive a full appology to 1PW management and fans has been made.
Back on topic though, they really need hire someone who can time matches and can be sat up front calling matches home so shows finish at a reasonable time. Why a promoter would not change a match from 2 out of 3 falls to a quick straight forward match because of time constraints amazes me. To lose over half your draw before the main event is daft.
Last edited by wrestle-zone; 02-07-2006 at 11:45 AM.
02-07-2006, 11:49 AM #4Originally Posted by wrestle-zone
Jay has had problems with Ruffneck for quite a while anyway.....and yes Ruffneck did apologise. But everybody says he was ejected form the Metrodome, where did you get that he wasnt so I can check it out?
Timing has always been a problem with 1PW. The first show was a midnight finish, the last show at the Dome over-ran and now this.....its getting a bit silly now.¿¡Por qué no te callas!?
02-07-2006, 12:45 PM #5
Originally Posted by Darkstar
- Join Date
- Feb 2002
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM #6
I should have asked him when talking to him this morning then. Oh well.¿¡Por qué no te callas!?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)