Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash

Chatroom Feedback

For a while now, I've been overseeing the running of the TWO Chatroom. There hasn't been any major problems, so I'd say it's been a success so far.

When I first took over, I noticed that there was a big increase in the amount of people using the chatroom, so much so that we were getting some of the highest attendances in TWO's 5+ year history night after night. So before I go any further, I'd like to thank everyone, staff, regulars, first timers who stuck around, anyone who gave it a shot, I appreciate it.

Lately though, numbers have been dwindling. It could be the fact that the schools are back in some places, others are away on holiday or people are making the most of what's left of summer. I'm curious to find out if there's anything that can be done to curb this trend, so that's why you're reading this.

This is the chance to get anything off your chest related to the chatroom. What do you like about TWO's Chatroom? What do you dislike? Do you have any suggestions to improve things? Is there a particular chatroom user, either staff member or regular user, who deserves praise? Are you happy with the way things are being run, or would you like to see drastic changes?

Anything you can give myself and the rest of the chatroom staff to work with would be much appreciated. Feel free to go as indepth as you like. If you're uncomfortable posting your thoughts, send me a PM and you'll remain annonymous.

I'm genuinely interested in improving the chatroom and add new things to keep it as enjoyable as ever. If you need proof that we're here to listen to ideas, look at the success of the Team Quiz that was held recently. The idea was brought up, people jumped on board, the quiz was held and the majority of people enjoyed it.

Anyway, if you've got anything to add, be it positive or negative, I'd love to hear from you all. Thanks.

vCash
    the only thing i dont like about the chatroom is people that are in there just to annoy people, yes i admit i was one of those people but i dont cause trouble anymore and i havent been kicked/banned for ages now but the people that come in and just swear, use caps etc. and break every rule, if you ask some of the regulars at the TWO chatroom that on time to time i do state the rules if there isnt a chatroom mod present and that's what gets on my nerves. other than that i think the chatroom is great, why else do you think im always in there, good job TWO

p.s this post celebrates my 800th post, woo!

vCash
    The problem is, it's full of idiots. The number of people who annoy me, is too uch for me to come in often. Each and every time, there will be a little group who wind people up.

The only way it will get popular with TWO users (again (I can't say for sure, as i wasn't around then)), is if the chatroom is linked to the forums.
    I would be in a lot more often if that was the case, and I'm sure most other TWO posters would too.

Maybe a seperate room that is linked to the forums, while the rest is open for all, including non-forumers.
    Fight Forum Leader: Fight Forum

"A boxing match is like a cowboy movie. There's got to be good guys and there's got to be bad guys. And that's what people pay for - to see the bad guys get beat. In the films the good guy always wins, but this is one bad guy who ain't gonna lose"

vCash
    When ever i go in chat which is rarer these days due to my net allowence running out earlier this month Russ and Da are always there and i just want to say you two make great chat mods as you are there when called upon,polite,Start conversations,contribute well,welcome users in and are friendly but firm when required!

vCash
    yeh i think Dra gets a bit annoyed as i call for him on MSN everytime there's a trouble maker, sorry Dra i only want to get rid of the idiots that cause trouble

vCash
    I think the only real problem is that certain times like right after the schools get out its filled with idiots that txt tlk and break all the rules and there are rarely even mods on MSN (that i have on my list) never mind mods in chat.
    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, but violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

“There is a rumor going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist."
    Sir Terry Pratchett

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    I'm always in at night times, so if anyone wants me to kick people, all it takes is a PM.

vCash
    I tend to be in at midnight-2amish, but the last few weeks I have only managed about 2 nights due to work.

That will change soon though.....
    ¿¡Por qué no te callas!?

vCash
    Most people have me on MSN so I don't mind being MSNed. It just takes up to a few minutes sometimes because of other stuff I'm doing. ut 7 times out of 10, I'm there as quick as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DraVen
    Most people have me on MSN so I don't mind being MSNed. It just takes up to a few minutes sometimes because of other stuff I'm doing. ut 7 times out of 10, I'm there as quick as possible.
    ok, your the only mod i have on MSN anyway, atleast the others never seem to be on, i sometimes ask Miss T when your not on but she rarely ever respondes.

Thread Information