Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    This is great, I never knew Borga was so interesting:

13/7/2003
    Former professional wrestler Tony Halme, bes tknown for his 1993 run in the WWF as Ludvig Borga, was shot by his wife on Thursday in his native Finland, according to a report on the Business Day website.

Halme, a former boxer who wrestled for New Japan Pro Wrestling prior to his 1993 WWF run and made a lone appearance in UFC after, was elected to Finland's parliament several months back.

Halme was reportedly taken to a local hospital via ambulance after the shooting, although details regarding the incident are still sketchy.

Formerly therock010
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wyndorf
    This is great, I never knew Borga was so interesting:
    He has had a troubled life since leaving the WWF hasnt he

The Helsinki Appeals Court denied MP Tony Halme, 42, (True Finns) the mitigation he had hoped for in appealing the Helsinki District Court ruling from January 2004.
    Halme was then given a four-month suspended prison sentence and was ordered to pay fines totalling 80 income-linked "day-fines" - amounting to EUR 4,480 - for criminal offences that were uncovered in connection with a drunken firearms violation episode in the summer of 2003.
    Charges brought against Halme included a firearms violation, behaviour likely to cause danger, smuggling, possession of imported goods knowing them to be illegal, and drug use.
    The probation period for the suspended sentence ends at the end of June.

Halme demanded in the Appeals Court that the charges of smuggling illegal drugs and of possession of illegal imported goods be dropped, and that the passed suspended prison sentence be reduced to a fine.
    Furthermore, the military-issued Parabellum handgun was merely a museum piece received as a gift, which - because of its condition - was not particularly dangerous and had never been used before.
    Halme also stated that because of the way the police handled the case, he had to wait for an hour before being admitted to a hospital. This had seriously weakened his health. Also, the publicity of the affair had brought him great shame.
    Halme added that his present way of life was impeccable.
    I am the BEST there WAS, the BEST there IS, the BEST there EVER will be....

Survivor Series 96.. The day the WWE changed forever.... And The Rock was born

WWE4EVA or is it WWE.... is a comedy genius..

AC is the avatar king

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vortigern
    he wasnt so bad a wrestler,but having him have such a winning streak to get him over and going on about it ad nauseaum became thoroughly annoying.
    Same thing can be said about the way the WWE has Muhammed Hassan still undefeated huh? Yep. The wrestler formally known as"War Eagle" Chris Chavis was a pretty good wrestler to me.Despite the weird ass hairdo, Tatanka was pretty solid.

IMO he was one of those guys that deserved alot more than he got from the WWE. I mean how can a guy have a record like that for so long and never hold a title while he was there?

The WWE has a very weird way of showing their grattitude towards some people over the years. They really do.

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    Tatanka wrestled in my home town with Hammerlock a few years back. I never bothered going to see him but theres a signed picture in an American Diner in town.

Wasn't he put out of the '93 Survivor Series by a Ludvig Borga chairshot across the back. Goes to show how "la-de-dah" the WWF was back then whe a chairshot to the back is considered career threatening.

Ludvig Borga sucked!

vCash
    Nono, Yoko beat him first, not Ludvig. Ludvig aided in the victory when he held Tatanks down while Yoko Banzai dropped his ribs while he was laying sideways.

Pretty sure that was his first loss.

Also, I liked his song.

vCash
    I met Tatanka at AllStar a few years back
    Check Me Out, Join The Revolution 500+ Followers
    @fletchercohol on Twitter

Also check out TWOStar's Own Famous on Twitter too now
    @FamousTWOStars

Thread Information