Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Im dissapointed I didnt get Most Controversial. I didnt know banned members could get awards. If I did, I know Bob would have had my vote for funniest and he would of run away with that award no problem.
    Fight Forum Leader: Fight Forum

"A boxing match is like a cowboy movie. There's got to be good guys and there's got to be bad guys. And that's what people pay for - to see the bad guys get beat. In the films the good guy always wins, but this is one bad guy who ain't gonna lose"

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Im dissapointed I didnt get Most Controversial. I didnt know banned members could get awards. If I did, I know Bob would have had my vote for funniest and he would of run away with that award no problem.
    You can win with one vote?
    I used to be a big deal, fairly quick.

Wrestling Genius
    vCash
    I knew I would lose to Russ...!

Good job pal! See ya next year!
    Entertainment Forum Leader: Entertainment Forum

Harm No Thing Unless Attacked Then Don't Look Back Tearing It Limb From Limb
    Gently Bend Them Bones Again
    Respond
    Take Out The Broken Parts
    The Speaker Is Now Broken You Respond

THE GAME

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    You can win with one vote?
    I meant nomination.

And Id be suprised if Bob didnt get all votes in the comedy awards, if he was there.
    Fight Forum Leader: Fight Forum

"A boxing match is like a cowboy movie. There's got to be good guys and there's got to be bad guys. And that's what people pay for - to see the bad guys get beat. In the films the good guy always wins, but this is one bad guy who ain't gonna lose"

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    I meant nomination.

And Id be suprised if Bob didnt get all votes in the comedy awards, if he was there.
    I would
    I used to be a big deal, fairly quick.

vCash
    Wow. Three years in a row. That's really great. I'm surprised I won. I thought Jayden or one of the RX guys might have got it. Jayden was hard done by, I think. Anyway, big thank you to those who first nominated me then voted for me and cheers anyway to those who voted for someone else and to those who didn't get a nomination. Awards are nice and all but it is important to remember that there are tons of people on these boards that make TWO a really good place to come to.

Big congratulations to Russ and Pabster. Russ has got a whole heap of awards there. All well deserved and I can't think of anyone better than Pabster to go into the Hall of Fame.

Well done to the other winners and just generally well done to everyone at TWO, especially Kam for making this year a good year. Getting bigger and better every year.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."

vCash
    I don't think enough people realise that Most Controversial generally isn't an award that you want to get... it was originally meant to be "Village Idiot" after all.

When Ed received it last year... it certainly wasn't a compliment. Though I think its a bit insulting to Ed even to compare him to Bob Greenberg.

Congratulations to everyone who won, I think the right people definitely won the awards this year. Nice one.

Particular congrats to the joint best newcomers, definitely the right choices made there. Well in lads.
    - TWO's resident HHH hater
    - Simon has no doubt been banned by now anyway

Indeed. I'll miss you TWO!

/===========
    Wrestling 101 : My Articles
    \===========

vCash
    bah i wasn't even npminated anyway
    am i not contriversial without ever getting banned?
    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, but violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

“There is a rumor going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist."
    Sir Terry Pratchett

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

TWO Hall of Fame Member
    vCash
    I'm glad, but very surprised that I managed to do so well in these awards. Seeing as how I had to share two joint awards, officially, how many TWOsies did I win? 2? 3? 4? It doesn't matter, but I'm more than happy to split my awards with Taki and Jayden. All we need to decide is who gets the "TV" and who gets the "VO". See, with humour like that, it's not surprising that I'm your funniest member.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who nominated and voted for me, and comiserations to everyone who missed out, some people were really unlucky. I don't know which award I like the most. I was pleased to do the chatroom double, because I consider the chatrooms to be TWO's biggest selling point. There are hundreds of decent forums online, but very few good quality places to chat. TWO has that, and to be called the best member and the joint-best mod is really nice. I can't help but feel that Devilish Angel deserved the Best Chatter award much more than me, she's consistently a great asset to the room. Maybe if a few people visited the chatroom more, I'd have one less TWOsie, because it's a bit dodgy asking the forum members to decide the best person in the chatroom. As for the Mod award, I could have chosen a better person to share the award with, Taki has done a really good job in a tough time for her, so I'm glad she's getting recognition.

Then again, maybe I like my best avatar award the most. It's a testiment to how great TWO is when I can type "Snitsky" into a Google imagine search and win an award for that. Funnily enough, Keith Would also has the same avatar as me, and to be fair to the guy, he did PM me first asking if it was OK if we both used the same one. What makes my avatar better than his?

But hey, if I'm honest, I'd probably say that the Funniest Member award was a complete shock. Last year I kinda expected it, but I still had my doubts. This year I seriously thought I had no chance, and AC would walk away with it. I though most people would pick the funniest member by seeing who has contributed the most to the Humour forum, which I've barely posted in. AC has been consistently putting up his hilarious Photoshop graphics and winning praise from everyone, so I would have bet good money on AC1D taking this award. Somehow though, people have voted for me, and I appreciate it. I personally voted for Colin, due to the fact that his use of sarcasm and ability to mock another person's point of view is second to none, when the situation calls for it. Maybe if a few people had access to a hidden forum where a lot of his funniest stuff took place he'd have won, although it's hidden for a reason, despite the best efforts of another forum. But hey, if we learned anything from Brazilian football, it's that if you win an award three times you get to keep it. I therefore demand that the Funniest Member award be renamed The Russ Award For Outstanding Achievement In The Field Of Comedy. If it doesn't appear as that in the 2005 awards, I'll be very disapointed.

As for every other award, well done to the winners. Crippler will be happy to show off his prize for having the best member at TWO, although I have no idea how Kam judged it. Size? Girth? Technique? As for Pabster's HOF induction, I've been calling it for months. The guy was a certainty to get in, because he's had such a huge influence on the site, from his outstanding work in his Chat/Forum moderator roles to keeping the peace as the Community Rep, while still managing to put together a great newsletter, which I doubt the new team will manage to beat, unless they hire me and pay me 50p per word per column.

A little suggestion by the way, about the Most Controversial/Village Idiot award for 2005. How about we get rid of the negative stigma attatched to it and change it to the Best Debator award? It could be given to the person who sticks to his views, cites evidence and presents the best case for his side in every post. Along the same lines, Most Controversial Thread could become Best Debate, where the prize is given to the two people who argued a strong case against each other, while keeping within the rules. Under the current structure, it's rewarding people who break the rules. If you cause trouble, you'll stick in people's minds and you're likely to get nominated for an award. The Oscars doesn't honour the worst actor/movie, it honours the best. Obviously I'm not comparing the TWOsies to The Oscars, our awards are far better, but it's certainly something to think about, and I'd rather see people given awards for keeping within the rules and making a name for themselves, rather than being infamous for being an arse, which is basically why Bob won. Oh, and my suggestion also allows a lot of potential for "I'm The Master Debator!" jokes.

Anyway, once again, thanks to everyone who found me chatty/moddy/funny/Snitsky.

vCash
    Thing is, Most Controversial thread doesn't follow the controversial poster route. Whilst Greenberg has very negative stigma attatched to him, anyone who read the Ravenmark thread knew it was negative towards someone else, and the thread itself was actually well-written and put together (by yours truly ). So it's an awkward one. But I do think we should possibly rid of the 'VI' award.

Thread Information