Talk Wrestling Online: Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Shawn Michaels also isn't on that top ten list, I guess he never shifts items either. Listing the current top ten in shopzone isn't really that fair a reflection on someones ability to shift merchandise as WWE are always putting out new stuff so it is constantly changing. That list will probably change dramatically again in the next few days.

Hate is a pretty strong word to use about Benoit, I can understand why people aren't fans but having hatred for a guy who gets into a ring and wrestles seems a bit strange. Especially as Benoit doesn't seem to be an ass backstage.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2K
    He must be doing something right .
    Yeah, he's being part of a slightly unopposed DVD war. Only Ric Flair, ECW, Benoit and Guerrero have had important DVDs out this year (trying to remember when Monday Night Wars was released - forgive me if it was released in 2004), and ECW and Flair caned Benoit. Guerreros DVD was disappointing, but then I felt the DVD itself was actually quite disappointing (the story is great but Beyond The Mat it ain't). Then you've got these John Cena releases which basically capitalise on his current fanbase rather than anything special since he's been in the pro ranks for what.. two years? Not exactly giving Benoit a run for his money.

I'll give him his due - he's sold a lot of DVDs, and his finisher is super-over right now, and yes he is a solid technical wrestler, but I'm not gonna be blind to the fact that he's nothing the "smarks" build him up as.

vCash
    The whole smarks thing bugs me. I was just a regular mark when I first saw him and he became my favourite wrestler without knowing what the Internet made of him. Admittedly the internet does like him a lot but it does irk me somewhat that folk maybe think that people like me like him because everyone else on the net does. I'm not really saying you were saying that then Mitchell but it is how I think certain people view all Benoit fans.

Anyway, I think the average "smark" (I hate all these terms, we're all just wrestling fans) paint him pretty accurately. Not a very good promo guy but a very good wrestler. Not going to be the saviour of the company but he about as popular as anyone at the minute on the Raw roster and will be a pretty good short term guy to be on top while the find a young guy who is going to draw a lot of money. Obviously not every smark will think of him in that way, some will probably think he is the saviour of the company, some smarks, like you, don't like him one bit.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."

vCash
    I second Crip's opinion... I was a mark when I tuned into WCW during the Benoit being a Horseman then into Revoultion stage with Malenko, Douglas, Guerrero etc... I wasn't a smark then and I wasn't when I enjoyed his work as Wild Pegasus/Pegasus Kid back in NJPW during the early 1990's...

Hell I'm just a mark now.

I enjoy Benoit's style, his workrate, his passion and have respect for him. Plus I don't actually mind his promo's but then again I don't tune in for promo's I tune in for wrestling.

Thats my take, I like Benoit the wrestler and always have done. Smark or not.
    Wrestling 101 : Int. Scene - News, Views and Reviews

The Evil Gringo- If you ever need to find me I split my time between the Paige and Ronda Rousey bandwagon!

"Text message from my sister, OMG! Kevin Nash! Thought he was dead! LOL!" - CM Punk

vCash
    Shame that Todd Grisham did'nt win
    Sports Forum Leader: Sports Forum

Facebook ~ Twitter

vCash
    Those PMs just didn't work BRM.

Thread Information