PDA

View Full Version : Next Booker Voting

Omega
26-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Ok, so to be fair here DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT ALSO SIGNING UP TO BE A WRITER. Why? Because I don't think it's fair you force your opinion on the people actually writing who may totally disagree with you and wouldn't have signed up to work under those conditions. consider yourselves Ex-pats who can't vote until you move back! :)

Other than that please refer to the ongoing booker debate thread to see what the candidates would plan to do and whether you are comfortable to work in the framework.

Maxximus
26-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Voted Omega. His argument is valid and I support his ideas.

Fletch
26-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I've voted Barry... BUT that's no swipe at all against Omega. As a head booker his work rate, his communication and everything else was unparralleled. I really really enjoyed working for 'Megs. My voting for Barry would be conditional on 'Omega being an integral part of the booking team.

A lot of the ideas Omega chose were drastic, and I think a lot would work great. The big clincher for me was the format. The idea of a RP fed is one I very much dislike, having been part of one back in the summer, I utterly hated it. And the reasoning is, the characters have free reign, they can be picking shit up off a street, or partying with Randy Savage in heaven, and it's completely a million miles away from realism. And that's only my second gripe. The main one is that there's no real character development, and what there is, often goes unread by the masses, who only read what their opponent writes.

I always felt the best part of the structured linear show, was by and large everyone's work got read, it was all somewhat in the confines of realism and it flowed beautifully :)

And yes, by voting, I'm indicating I'll put in the writing :) Life isn't hectic :)

WAYNE
26-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Guess I won't be getting any votes :(

Maxximus
27-01-2012, 12:15 AM
You never know, buddy. Only 2 people have votes so far. Who said you couldn't vote for yourself?

Omega
27-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Just to say in response to Fletch's post, our RP's would be in the style of a live show so there would be no "unreal" stuff or "in the mid of the wrestler" stuff. Think exactly like the old style just without match writing every week.

The B-Man
27-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I would just say to echo Fletch there if I got voted I would hope people like Omega would be around to bounce ideas off.

Omega
27-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Sure, I'll help out.

Fletch
27-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Just to say in response to Fletch's post, our RP's would be in the style of a live show so there would be no "unreal" stuff or "in the mid of the wrestler" stuff. Think exactly like the old style just without match writing every week.

That's a lot better, would all promos and such be posted in the same thread, similar to how it's been done, or would everyone post their own thread which gets messy and then people's work doesn't get seen?

I'd just like to say with my imminent return also comes along the help with NEW graphics and videos etc. If I can make a decent stage on Google Sketchup, I can start making TWOTron Stages :)

The B-Man
27-01-2012, 10:35 AM
We aren't seriously voting for ourselves are we?

Omega
27-01-2012, 10:45 AM
That's a lot better, would all promos and such be posted in the same thread, similar to how it's been done, or would everyone post their own thread which gets messy and then people's work doesn't get seen?

I'd just like to say with my imminent return also comes along the help with NEW graphics and videos etc. If I can make a decent stage on Google Sketchup, I can start making TWOTron Stages :)

Be nice to share the load somewhat. I'm happy to keep on doing videos and stuff even if I do end up as a booker.

We aren't seriously voting for ourselves are we?

Not for myself per say, I wouldn't come back as a writer if we do match writing so I'm voting for the fed style rather than voting for me as the best booker.

WAYNE
27-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I've gone for Baz as his idea's were closer to mine then Megz, plus as he wanted someone to work along side I wouldn't mind doing that as I could never see me being picked once someone else put their names down.

John Hancock
27-01-2012, 06:10 PM
WAYNE just Rick Perry-ed this poll.

The B-Man
28-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I voted myself in that case because I want match writing to stay but shorted formats like I suggested. There is more than room for those who still want to write promos as well.

Jamster26
28-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I went for Omega. I like his ideas. On the same wavelength.

Paul
28-01-2012, 08:00 PM
You planning on being a writer Jamster?

Jamster26
28-01-2012, 08:30 PM
No, not at the moment atleast. I don't think I'd be able to commit the amount of time that would be neccessary; so it would be unfair in that sense.

Definitely something that I might attempt at doing at some point, althought it's all completely new to me! Just picking up little bits here and there for now; when watching the shows.

Magic
28-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm in the same boat but you weren't meant to vote Jamster.

John Hancock
28-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah, this poll is strictly for people who are 100% committed to be writers in the new fed.

Jamster26
28-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh! I'm sorry.:doh32:

Paul
28-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Aye. I knwo Im not able to devote the time, so I havent voted either.

John Hancock
28-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I voted B-Man, but I'm not coming back, it's just to cancel out Jamster's vote to everything lines up.

Ruderz
29-01-2012, 12:56 AM
It is good to see so many people interested in becoming part of the new Stars', though.

WAYNE
29-01-2012, 02:33 AM
But all this happened when Saz took over and no one bothered, I had my reason's why. DC joined Nimf and left the site, Gringo couldn't sign in and looks to have given up trying.

As much as we'd all love it to work, and which is why I put my name down to take over, TWOstars died the day JobberJoe had to step down and to be honest the crack's were starting to show even before he announced it.

My main idea was to try and run until Wrestlenova and if it failed I was going to connect all the old writers about doing a final show. Part of that plan was to get two other people to co-book it with me, and for the one night bring back all the titles. I won't reveal anything else in case I still somehow get to do it, but I was going to ask Darkstar and JobberJoe (Who I still speak to on facebook) to help. And PM Andrew about if I could use the ERE title.

EGL
29-01-2012, 07:12 AM
This is exciting. It's neck and neck! Don't forget the absentees!

EGL
29-01-2012, 07:15 AM
I've been checking this thread at least once a day. I had thought about running, but I'm finding it really interesting watching you guys decide the fate of TWOStars.

The B-Man
29-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I voted B-Man, but I'm not coming back, it's just to cancel out Jamster's vote to everything lines up.

Appreciate the vote but I think like Megz said id rather a vote from someone who is willing to write otherwise there is no point in it. Any chance you would consider coming back in any kinda of writing capacity at all?

John Hancock
29-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Not to the level where I could promise anything. I don't really have the time or the interest to be honest. I'd come back for a one off super show if there was one, but not as a regular guy.

I only voted so that you and Megs now have one pointless vote each, to make the bars line up nicely again :P

The B-Man
29-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Not to the level where I could promise anything. I don't really have the time or the interest to be honest. I'd come back for a one off super show if there was one, but not as a regular guy.

I only voted so that you and Megs now have one pointless vote each, to make the bars line up nicely again :P

I wouldn't need any promises or a full time writer, just someone who told me every other week if they were able to do something so I can check there availablity and book accordingly

Omega
29-01-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm vaguely surprised you didn't vote for me John, your promos were always amazing and given that the schedule under my style would be "write up to 6 promos in two weeks" it's not a heavy schedule or commitment. Same with Darky to some extent but I can understand to some degree why he's less "into" the changes.

Also I should be fair and say if Baz wins I can't commit to writing matches but I will help him out in anyway else he wants. My new job means I'm not at home anywhere near as much which isn't a problem as a booker but would be as a writer.

John Hancock
29-01-2012, 10:43 AM
My vote was nothing to do with opinion, I literally only voted for Baz because Jamster voted for Megs and I wanted to balance it out, because neither of us are as dedicated as everyone else, and as the thread said only people coming back should vote, I only thought it was fair that you both got a meaningless vote, that way, the amount of "real votes" is just the results of the poll, minus one each, otherwise, Megs would have got a vote from someone who probably won't be a part of the fed, and I didn't think that was fair, or helpful.

I'd rather see the fed in action, whoever wins, before I can even hint at thinking of coming back.

Ruderz
29-01-2012, 12:23 PM
When Saz took over we only had one or two new writers opposed to losing so many, this time round we don't seem to be losing any of the ones we had when we were writing under Saz while possibly gaining two new members in Jamster and Magic.

Personally, I think what Stars' needs is new blood. For so many, many months the fed ran with the same handlers, same wrestlers and anyone who went through the training process usually did fine until the match writing process which should have been the wake up call we should have heeded there and then. If we do change to Omega's format, advertise the New Stars', we may find people join up more so than they did with the old.

Jamster and/or Magic, speaking hypothetically, if either of you two were considering joining Stars', would you be more inclined to join if you didn't have to do the detailed matches etc etc and it was more promo based?

Magic
29-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I mentioned a couple pages back that I would only join consider joining under Megz's plans. I'm far too busy with Uni and Work for it to be otherwise, plus I don't think I'd enjoy writing lengthy matches.

The B-Man
29-01-2012, 12:30 PM
When Saz took over we only had one or two new writers opposed to losing so many, this time round we don't seem to be losing any of the ones we had when we were writing under Saz while possibly gaining two new members in Jamster and Magic.

Personally, I think what Stars' needs is new blood. For so many, many months the fed ran with the same handlers, same wrestlers and anyone who went through the training process usually did fine until the match writing process which should have been the wake up call we should have heeded there and then. If we do change to Omega's format, advertise the New Stars', we may find people join up more so than they did with the old.

Jamster and/or Magic, speaking hypothetically, if either of you two were considering joining Stars', would you be more inclined to join if you didn't have to do the detailed matches etc etc and it was more promo based?

This makes me wonder did anyone even read my plans? - The length of matches in my idea have been significantly dropped.

Omega
29-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Standard Television Match – 3 to 6 Pages
Main Event TV match – 4 to 10 Pages (Depending on situation)

Standard PPV Match 6-12 Pages
PPV Title Match – 8-15 Pages
Main Event PPV Match 15-20 Pages

Honestly? That's no different than what we did before. It's certainly not a massive drop in work amount when you still have to promo as well. Ruderz point about the fact people wanted to join the fed but as soon as they got to them match writing part the tried and failed or simply didn't try is exactly right.

Oh and John, what I meant wasn't that you voted for Baz for any reason but that I thought you might vote for me anyway (as in you would come back to the fed if it was promo based only).

The B-Man
29-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Honestly? That's no different than what we did before. It's certainly not a massive drop in work amount when you still have to promo as well. Ruderz point about the fact people wanted to join the fed but as soon as they got to them match writing part the tried and failed or simply didn't try is exactly right.

Oh and John, what I meant wasn't that you voted for Baz for any reason but that I thought you might vote for me anyway (as in you would come back to the fed if it was promo based only).

If that's no different to before then standards have seriously slipped anyway. A 3 page match is hardly a chore is it? You can near write that without thinking about it. Most PPV matches surely hit at least 10 pages previously I would have thought, TV matches probably 5-6 no? A page or two drop all round would make a difference you can't write a 1-2 page match, that just be woeful, lol.

In any case neither of us are exactly swarming with votes anyway which is still a worry

Ruderz
29-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I mentioned a couple pages back that I would only join consider joining under Megz's plans. I'm far too busy with Uni and Work for it to be otherwise, plus I don't think I'd enjoy writing lengthy matches.

And there you have it people. The exact reason why TWOStars has been lacking in new handlers. Yes, the uniqueness of TWOStars due to it's match writing format and style does set us out from the rest - but is one of our biggest problems at the same time.

This makes me wonder did anyone even read my plans? - The length of matches in my idea have been significantly dropped.

If that's no different to before then standards have seriously slipped anyway. A 3 page match is hardly a chore is it? You can near write that without thinking about it. Most PPV matches surely hit at least 10 pages previously I would have thought, TV matches probably 5-6 no? A page or two drop all round would make a difference you can't write a 1-2 page match, that just be woeful, lol.

In any case neither of us are exactly swarming with votes anyway which is still a worry

I did read your plans, but the fact is Baz that simply dropping the length of the matches doesn't solve the problem I feel. The idea of writing a match, however short, seems daunting and it will put people off from joining. People like the RP feds because they don't have to chore over writing matches when they don't exactly like writing matches and it will just put a whole downer on the idea of joining the fed. For us long standing writers, we're used to writing matches because we stuck in and adapted to writing matches but that doesn't mean that everyone who wants to join will be willing to stick in and be willing to learn how to write a match.

Beefhead
29-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Figure i will join up unnder the rp fed idea if Megs wins. I cant vote on the phone app, and i have to wait to join till i get my new lappy battery and charger. Im sorry Baz but I know from experience that you cannot write any length of match on autopilot as you seeem to suggest. I could to a 6 page promo with hardly any thought but ask me to write a throwaway jobber match and just 3 pages would kill me if I wasnt feeling it. The only part of match writing I enjoyed was writing commentary. It was a serious chore to me. I was only ever truly proud of one match I wrote.

The B-Man
29-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Figure i will join up unnder the rp fed idea if Megs wins. I cant vote on the phone app, and i have to wait to join till i get my new lappy battery and charger. Im sorry Baz but I know from experience that you cannot write any length of match on autopilot as you seeem to suggest. I could to a 6 page promo with hardly any thought but ask me to write a throwaway jobber match and just 3 pages would kill me if I wasnt feeling it. The only part of match writing I enjoyed was writing commentary. It was a serious chore to me. I was only ever truly proud of one match I wrote.

And with this I will withdraw from the running. Best of luck Megz on the new style working out. Think I will see how it works before I commit to writing for it.

Boyo
29-01-2012, 06:59 PM
What do you expect? This is hardly a poll designed to welcome new people.

"TWOStars is dying, we desperately need new writers, and we need to take a look at the format of the fed going forwards. Oh, and by the way... you can't vote, you can't vote, you can't vote, you can't vote and you can't vote..."

You are effectively asking people to 100% commit to joining a time-consuming hobby and yet cannot tell them whether they'll be writing matches or not!

Cheers!

WAYNE
29-01-2012, 07:04 PM
As Megz has won, I'm going to wait and see what the roleplaying side looks like first. Even if I don't join, I'll still be a fan and read the shows and hopefully think I can do it.

John Hancock
29-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Congratulations Megs, I'll definitely be checking out how things work. Best of luck.

Omega
29-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Ta, i'll be contacting Kam to oprganise getting the old forums changed.

One thing I have been thinking about is wheterh submissions are hidden or not. I initially thought yes but then a part of me thinks maybe not and simply have a Show/Results card that gives the results of matches and maybe links to specific promos in this kind of style:

Match 1: Chris Eagles V Lucian L Jones - Tables match

In a close fought contest Lucian Jones managed to reverse Chris Eagles "Eagles Wings" and drop his opponent through the table for the win

Draven Cage and Chris Eagles come face to face backstage
(http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?56051-XTV-7-18-Recorded-from-USF-Stadium-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota&p=1152935&viewfull=1#post1152935)

Todd Grisham interviews Jimmy Hawthorn but the loud mouthed manager finds himself up against GM Brice Perrino (http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?56051-XTV-7-18-Recorded-from-USF-Stadium-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota&p=1152938&viewfull=1#post1152938)

Match 2: Draven Cage V Craig Can Dam

Draven Cage came out firing vicious shots at Van Dam who spent most of the match trying to excape his adversary but when it counted The Brotal Package was able to catch Cage off guard and with a hidden low blow managed to put Daven away for the three count after a Package Piledriver.

Etc etc

So that way everyone's work is still going to be seen and read and critiqued if people want to but you'll see which promo's were picked out to further the show and the winners of that week.

Does that sound better?

EGL
29-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Congratulations to Omega. I had thought about running, myself, but Baz had a platform pretty similar to what mine would have been and I also didn't think I'd have much chance as an outsider.

Baz, I would have voted for you, but I'm not a member of TWO Stars.

At any rate, I hope the new direction serves TWO Stars well and that you guys continue to have fun with it. I do wish that I had made the leap, gone through the training program, and joined TWO Stars in August of 2010, when Sparrow sent me a PM about it. Anyway, congratulations again to Omega and best of luck! And thanks for having been on EFG before. :)

Sparrow
29-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Hmm congrats Megs. I am interested to see where TWOstars goes.

I was considering signing up but only with Baz won to be honest. Not a fan of RP feds at all, plus I really prefered match writing. So I won't be signing up to the new fed, but I wish you all the best and I will be lurking around seeing how things pan out!

Good luck Megs.

I would have voted for you Baz but I am not a member of TWOstars and was only 90% sure about writing.

EGL
29-01-2012, 11:32 PM
LOL @ Sparrow showing up right after I mention him.

Ruderz
29-01-2012, 11:54 PM
As much as I know it's neccessary to change styles, it still killed me a little to see the results card up there. It's just so not TWOStars, but changes must be made I guess.

Fletch
30-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Yes I voted Barry, BUT, I look forward to the new reign of 'Megs and moving TWOStars forward.

I'm onboard regardless to the booker.

Omega
30-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Ok so forum changes have been PM'd to Kam. In the meantime can those that said they wanted to write please fill out a profile template from below and post it into the new Profiles Thread I've created. This will give me an initial idea of who and what we've got to play with. Remember you have three slots to play with so you can create 3 singles guys or a tag team with a manager. You don't have to fill all three slots now either.

Wrestler's Name:

Alias(es):

Height: 0'0"
Weight: 000 lbs

Entrance Music:

Hometown:

Wrestling Style: (please select 2 at the very most - and try make them compliment each other)
Speedy / Daredevil / High Flying / Power / Hardcore / Brawling / Martial Arts / Ground Based / Some Technical / Technical / Heavily Technical / Submission / All Rounder / Unorthadox

Brief Profile:

Entrance(s):

**PLEASE DON'T COPY AND PASTE THIS ENTRANCE, WRITE A VARIATION OF IT WITH COMMENTARY INCLUDED*

Signature Move(s) : (max 3)

Finishing Move(s) : (max 2: 1 power, 1 submission)

Alignment: Face/Heel (delete as appropriate)

As I said before I will randomly pair of characters for the first show run (I'll decide on a calender of dates in the next week or so) and let the writers decide their angles and build. If after that we need proper booking like before then we can do that but if people enjoy having more power/control of their angles (bar choosing the winners) then we can stick with that method. It's going to take some tinkering to get things working right and I'm happy to adapt the system so it works as well as it can.

Boyo
30-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Congratulations Megs, hopefully it all goes well for you & TWOStars.

Cheers!

Omega
31-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Again, if you're writing please get your profiles up as soon as you can as I need at least some idea what wrestlers I have for a roster. Ta.

Fletch
31-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Where do you want us to post em Boss?

Omega
31-01-2012, 06:16 PM
There's a Profile Thread in the profile section.... which may be in the writers section... which some poeple don't have access to....

Ok, so a thread will appear in this section and you can post in there and we'll move it over to the right place when Kam has sorted out the forums. :)

Maxximus
31-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I'll throw mine up tonight or sometime tomorrow. /vague

Fletch
01-02-2012, 06:42 AM
If I get chance at college today I'll post mine then, if not I'll be doing it this evening when I get home

Omega
01-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Ta guys.