PDA

View Full Version : Good To Be Back

Keegan
23-10-2011, 09:55 AM
The title applies to both myself and the fed. A couple of Sundays ago saw me and Ernie have a discussion about TWOStars and one moment we could see the board, the next we couldn't.

However, we're both glad the fed's still around. Good luck to Saz and the boys/gals. I'd like to review your next PPV as well. It's overdue admittedly and I'd like to give back.

Cheers.

DraVen
26-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Any news on some new shows and the talent who will be on show?

Needs more Dirk Valentine.

Omega
26-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Perhaps we need to put up the card for the readers ahead of time? Or at least do a little blurb like Jobber used to at the start of each show that gives an run down of running angles and things to expect on the show?

The B-Man
26-10-2011, 03:30 PM
You could do what Raw do as such where they sometimes announce a match or who will be appearing.

Ruderz
26-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I think the blurb idea would be the best if I'm honest. Gives the readers something to read, something to get them excited about rather than just seeing two names on a card.

Saz
27-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Show will be released tomorrow.

I'll look into a round up show once the first show is under our belt.

Keegan
27-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I think a preview would be great. It definitely helped me in the past ahead of a PPV.

Boyo
30-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Not sure what to make of the new TWOStars to be honest. On one hand the abridged "round-up style" that you've just posted is kinda good, it feels like you're watching a "TWOStars Weekly" magazine show, and something like that is welcomed.

It's a bit like reading a PPV insomuch that everyone submits their matches and one person posts them in a show.

On the other hand the "closed shop" feel, and the fact that you don't get the live, spontaneous "battling" promos between two people, or see any of the bickering... takes something away. At this point I don't know if that's good or bad because I've only known it one way.

Also, and I stand to be corrected because I viewed the show via the iphone app... you can't tell who wrote the matches? Are people being credited in the shows? Can the viewing public read a particularly good promo and know, immediately, who wrote it?

I know Saz is going for a slick, democratic approach, with a view of being in control and probably not wanting the sometimes embarrassing arguing becoming public. I think that by making everything private actively discourages people from wanting to join.

Sure, you'll still get the folks who want to join, and will be very serious, committed and will have huge characters. But an e-fed needs comedy characters and journeymen too. You need writers who want to join just to p*ss about and write silly characters for a few months before becoming bored, to highlight the quality of your big stars if nothing else. You need people who have little interest in winning stuff, just writing for pure enjoyment, and don't take themselves so seriously to throw toys out of the pram should they lose a match. People like that aren't going to be arsed with joining TWOStars if it keeps going like that. People, in my opinion anyway, people who weren't part of the fed but enjoy reading it every now and again, probably read the creatives and the arguments just as much as they did the shows.

DC and Omega having a 8 page blowout over something in the creative thread makes you want to read the match. Reading an entire roster tearing Jayfunk to shreds makes you want to read what the hell he wrote.

I don't know - It's just weird seeing TWOStars like this.

Cheers!

Keegan
31-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Good point. I'll check back to see the answer to that as well.

Sparrow
05-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I got to agree with Boyo, I am not a fan of the new layout. Infact it has put me of reading any of the Nu-Stars stuff.

Dont agree with him on the argument stuff though, I am glad I can't see that side of things.

DraVen
06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I'd agree with that.