PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Warrior or Texas Tornado??

Evil Monkey
05-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi Guys,

apologis if this has been asked before, but i was watching WM8 last night, with the return of the Ultimate Warrior. Was it really the original Warrior? To me he looked more like the Texas Tornado.

Can anyone tell me who he actually was?

Thanks!

Naitch
05-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah it was definately Kerry Von Erich aka The Texas Tornado playing The Ultimate Warrior. There has also been at least 3 different wrestlers who have played The Undertaker, one of which is currently playing Kane.

Evil Gringo
05-09-2005, 11:47 AM
As Naitch said Kerry Von Erich did in fact play the Warrior at WM VIII.... It was noticed because Kerry could actually wrestle...

Also Brian Lee, Mark Calloway and Glenn Jacobs have all portrayed the Undertaker... Mark Calloway (the normal 'Taker) also once appeared as Kane to fool Stone Cole in an angle too...

On the subject the bloke who played Bastion Booger player the fake Razor Ramon that appeared on our screens after Scott Hall's departure to WCW and Glenn Jacobs played the fake Diesel when Kevin Nash did the same....

The Beltster
05-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Guys, seriously, your all nuts! The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania VIII was the same Ultimate Warrior from WMIV, V, VI and VII, it was Jim Hellwig, NOT Kerry Von Erich. Dont kid yourselves into thinking any different, because you will be wrong, 100% wrong.

Kerry Von Erich donned the Ultimate Warrior trunks for 1 house show when Warrior didnt make it to the building on time, thats it, never anything else.

He had come off the steroids and cut his hair but at WMVIII, it was Jim Hellwig, NOT Kerry Von Erich.

Russ
05-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Guys, seriously, your all nuts! The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania VIII was the same Ultimate Warrior from WMIV, V, VI and VII, it was Jim Hellwig, NOT Kerry Von Erich. Dont kid yourselves into thinking any different, because you will be wrong, 100% wrong.

Kerry Von Erich donned the Ultimate Warrior trunks for 1 house show when Warrior didnt make it to the building on time, thats it, never anything else.

He had come off the steroids and cut his hair but at WMVIII, it was Jim Hellwig, NOT Kerry Von Erich.

Unsurprisingly, Captain Christmas has it bang on. Naitch's answer reads as being very sarcastic so he's off the hook. Gringo has no excuse. We're now even for Gedo. :)

Ryan
05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
BUT Kerry Von Erich did have to fill in for The Ultimate Warrior at some house shows, so although it was the origianal at WM8, Kerry Von Erich did Play the Ultimate Warrior once or twice because of Jim Hellwig's (actually Jim Warrior because he legilly changed his second name to Warrior to keep his gimmick up) absence.

Naitch
05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
As Naitch said Kerry Von Erich did in fact play the Warrior at WM VIII.... It was noticed because Kerry could actually wrestle...

Also Brian Lee, Mark Calloway and Glenn Jacobs have all portrayed the Undertaker... Mark Calloway (the normal 'Taker) also once appeared as Kane to fool Stone Cole in an angle too...

On the subject the bloke who played Bastion Booger player the fake Razor Ramon that appeared on our screens after Scott Hall's departure to WCW and Glenn Jacobs played the fake Diesel when Kevin Nash did the same....

Ok yeah, I'm trying to work out whether Gringo is being sarcastic here or not, but I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In future I think I better not try those sarcastic wiseass posts anymore because they come off really bad on the internet and seemingly anyone not called Russ can't read them as sarcasm. Come on ChrisMa I'd like to think you would give me a little more credit than that.

Evil Gringo
05-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes Russ I was wrong....

But we will NEVER be even for the EVIL that is Gedo.... ;)

Although to be fair to me... One I never cared for the Warrior or Kerry and two the rest of my info was correct and pretty nifty...

The Beltster
05-09-2005, 12:25 PM
BUT Kerry Von Erich did have to fill in for The Ultimate Warrior at some house shows, so although it was the origianal at WM8, Kerry Von Erich did Play the Ultimate Warrior once or twice because of Jim Hellwig's (actually Jim Warrior because he legilly changed his second name to Warrior to keep his gimmick up) absence.He only filled it for Warrior at one house show, and he had to keep his head down and win in a 3 second squash and get out of there because the fans were all chanting 'Tornado' at him. I mean lets be honest, you would have to be a bit loopy not to see the difference, that the WWF actually send Von Erich out there as the Warrior and expected fans to buy it shows how much they take their fans for idiots.

As for him changing his name to Warrior (Warrior is his full name, not just his surname, he is simply called 'Warrior' now, and his wife and two daughters have 'Warrior' as their surnames) it wasnt to keep the gimmick name. He changed his name in 1993 for various reasons, mainly because he wanted to start his own family origins and didnt want to carry the Hellwig name due to how he percieved it, its a long story but no, it wasnt to keep the name. I could legally change my name to Batista, but I wouldnt be able to wrestle using the name elsewhere.

Warrior owns the TM to Ultimate Warrior, WWE owns the copywright, its why they are allowed to put out the burial DVD they are putting out.

Ryan
05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
i was a big fan of both of them, as a matter of fact at Summerslam 1990 i marked for both Perfect & Von Erich.

The Beltster
05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
In future I think I better not try those sarcastic wiseass posts anymore because they come off really bad on the internet and seemingly anyone not called Russ can't read them as sarcasm. Come on ChrisMa I'd like to think you would give me a little more credit than that.I think your backpeddling because Russ gave you an out, but we can forget that :lol :thumbsup

Yes, it came off really bad on the internet. :xyx

Russ
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM

Oh, and to make this thread even more of a farce, Rick Bogner (Who wrestled outside of the US as Big Titan) played Fake Razor Ramon. Bastion Booger was played by Mike Shaw who was also Trucker Norm, Norman The Lunatic and the dancing monk, Friar Ferguson.

wyndorf
05-09-2005, 04:38 PM
...and Konan was Max Moon until he left and then Kato was Max Moon. Kato replaced Saito in the Orient Express who were managed by Mr Fuji who also managed the Powers of Pain who wore face paint but before that Fuji led Demolition who also wore face paint, but not in the same style as the Ultimate Warrior who did a run in at WrestleMania 8 to save Hulk Hogan from Sid Justice and Papa Shango, who also wore face paint, he then changed his name to Kama: the supreme fighting machine, but he didn't wear face paint anymore, it wasn't long until Kama added Mustafa as his second name and joined the Nation of Domination, but soon dropped Kama altogether and became the Godfather, a wrestling pimp. Savio Vega was also a member of the N.O.D, he was Razor Ramons bestest friend, but that was after he was Kwang the Ninja.

Evil Gringo
05-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Russ corrected me with:

Oh, and to make this thread even more of a farce, Rick Bogner (Who wrestled outside of the US as Big Titan) played Fake Razor Ramon. Bastion Booger was played by Mike Shaw who was also Trucker Norm, Norman The Lunatic and the dancing monk, Friar Ferguson.

Okay Russ.... Now where even for Gedo....

I can't remember everything lol....

fujiwara
05-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Gringo, when did Glenn Jacobs portray the Undertaker because I can't for the life of me remember. Was it an angle or stepping in for when Mark wasnt there?

Russ
05-09-2005, 06:18 PM
There was one time when Vince McMahon came to the ring to confront The Undertaker, and I think it was around the time Undertaker and Kane were supposed to be in cahoots. Undertaker had an elaborate ring attire on, with the collar hiding his face. Vince said some stuff, to Undertaker, who then took down his collar to reveal a guy with a Kane mask.

I have no idea if it was Glen Jacobs, Mark Calloway or someone else altogether under that mask, but that's the only time I remember Kane playing The Undertaker.

Evil Gringo
05-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Ditto what Russ said....

The Mark Calloway playing Kane situation came from the same time when Taker came down and (I think) chokeslammed Austin.... Then he pulled away the mask to reveal his ugly mug underneath...

MrFill
05-09-2005, 06:26 PM
But in Taker's first match he was Kane as well

When he came down to the ring he was announced as "Kane, the Undertaker" :P

The Beltster
05-09-2005, 06:56 PM
But in Taker's first match he was Kane as well

When he came down to the ring he was announced as "Kane, the Undertaker" :PHe was actually announced as Cain the Undertaker :thumbsup

MrFill
05-09-2005, 06:59 PM
The on-screen display was just "The Undertaker" (I have it downloaded), so the announcer could have said Kane or Cain, the pronounciation is the same :)

The Beltster
05-09-2005, 08:38 PM
The on-screen display was just "The Undertaker" (I have it downloaded), so the announcer could have said Kane or Cain, the pronounciation is the same :)I every single magazine, including PWI and also official WWF publications like WWF Spotlight and WWF Magazine, it said Cain the Undertaker. It was never actually announced as anything other than 'The Undertaker' on TV, the Cain part never made TV, ever. On his debut, Ted DiBiase simply says "From Death Valley, I give you, the Undertaker!"

Here is the audio of his debut from the 1990 Survivor Series:

http://gallery.beltmarks.com/albums/userpics/10004/WWF%20-%20Undertaker%201st.mp3

wyndorf
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Cane.........

....I'll get my coat....

MrFill
05-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I every single magazine, including PWI and also official WWF publications like WWF Spotlight and WWF Magazine, it said Cain the Undertaker. It was never actually announced as anything other than 'The Undertaker' on TV, the Cain part never made TV, ever. On his debut, Ted DiBiase simply says "From Death Valley, I give you, the Undertaker!"

Here is the audio of his debut from the 1990 Survivor Series:

http://gallery.beltmarks.com/albums/userpics/10004/WWF%20-%20Undertaker%201st.mp3
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you the TV debut of The Undertaker on Superstars:
http://www.ex-rev.com/FillsImages/Superstars-15-12-90-Taker-Debut.mpg

It's a 35meg download, but it's the entire match (not just his entrance)

Listen to the Fink clearly say:
"and his opponent, coming down the aisle, managed by Brother Love, from Death Valley, weighing 328 pounds, Kane/Cain The Undertaker"

:)